In order to get pre-approval for a home loan from a lander or a bank, you will need to provide the following documents to support your application:
- ID- preferably passport and or Driver's License.
- Address Verification- Utility bill, bank statements showing your current address (no more than a month old).
- Evidence of deposit funds; bank statements showing funds being saved over a 3 month period, confirmation of KiwiSaver withdrawal/gifting letter (if using Kiwisaver).
- 3 most recent and consecutive payslips.
- Letter from employer confirming employment.
- Evidence of New Zealand Citizenship or residency - either passport of NZ birth certificate.
- 3 months bank statements.
- 3 months credit card statements - if applicable.
Using a broker like First Step Home Loans means that you’ve got a knowledgeable and trusted expert to guide your through the home buying process. Timing can be everything so you don’t lose out on your dream home because you have to chase paperwork, contact us today to take action on your next property purchase.